Friday, October 29, 2010

Paris, je t'aime


Gosh, I am shockingly bad at blogging these days...I don't know if the will is there to document this transition. It makes me wonder why. Is it a deep-seated desire to go back to where we came from? Or is it simply that the days are busy and I am too tired? Or a bit of both?

Not sure.

I am sure, though, that I love Paris. Rain or shine. Strike or not. And now my kids love Paris, too. At least when they experience it with good buddies.

Hae Yung and I had a great few days with the kids, before Daniel and Mike joined us for a dining frenzy that my stomach is still recovering from. This despite the fact that we didn't get to Guy Savoy's number 1 ranked restaurant as the B meister fell ill. Next time!

We climbed the Eiffel Tower.
We shopped Les Halles and La Defense.
Buttery croissants.
The Arc and the Notre Dame.
Warm pain au chocolat.
Spotting the Mona Lisa despite the crowds.
Baguettes under the arm,
On the Metro with its multitudes of colour.
Foie gras out of this world.
Great sights and outstanding wine,
Dear friends and lots of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment