Monday, February 28, 2011

We're In!

After weeks of counting down, we finally got our key and opened the door to our new abode on February 16th. At 10:30 am in true Swiss precision style.

Never mind that they were still caulking as we walked around.

The past two weeks have flown by at breakneck speed, and I've been unpacking and sorting like someone possessed. My closets (I may have mentioned how much I love them) are more or less organized. There are still rooms to be tackled, but things are taking shape.

The kitchen has been christened. Induction is a fantastic way to cook. Like gas, only without the gas. Me like.

Still not feeling my bathroom, but I covet my shower. It is huge and the raindance fixture is fab.

The boys love their rooms so much, we've barely seen them since we arrived. Silly me for thinking they'd actually miss sharing room with their brother.

My barrister father-in-law was here for a 24 hour stopover. He walked around, knocked on a few walls and declared the structure 'well built'. In case you wondered.

There are still a few things to be fixed:

The electrician has been so often, he almost feels like family. French speaking family.

The exterior garden is a mess of another dimension, but the diggers are there and progress should be made soon.

I have made some errors in terms of finishings (Judy wasn't here to help), but they are pretty small and I can live with them for now.

Now, all that's left is to take some pix. I'll be sure to do that just as soon as I find my camera...somewhere in the office, which I really need to organize stat.

Especially since Mike returns from Canada tomorrow and will be none too happy to see all the junk I'm storing on his desk.

And yet....we are IN. And it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment