Friday, December 3, 2010

Seriously? I should whine more often...

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that the powers that be looked down at little me, and realized I was on the verge of tipping over into madness. Or perhaps they just read my blog post and figured they should throw me a bone.

Gnaw, gnaw, gnaw.

First my post elicited several lovely and supportive emails from dear friends, several of whom could relate to my situation (you know who you are, and girls, my hat's off to you!). We miserables do love us some company....

Then, my crescent-fallen face and beseeching eyes must have been quite a sight to be hold, as they were enough to motivate my architect and builder to push their crews to have the house done a few days before Mike flies out in February. While there are no guarantees, now at least there's a fighting chance that he can be here to help me move into the house.

And finally, speaking of my favourite husband in the whole world, he not only reorganized his entire schedule so he could help out with kid delivery all week, he also scraped together his hard earned points and upgraded my ticket for the weekend trip to New York with the girls.

So here I am, in the business class lounge at Geneva airport. Red wine glass in hand, content in the knowledge that my boys are well taken care of by their father. All I have to do is relax, enjoy the flights, and then hang out with my favourite girlfriends for a couple of days.

What a difference a post can make!

(PS: A special shout-out to the two girls who are unable to make it this weekend. You will be sorely missed! xox)

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you were able to take a well deserved break from the madness to visit with the girls in NYC, Heidi. It sounds like it was a fantastic trip. Reading your previous post was like talking to myself, without the housebuild and French to content with on top of it. It is tough to have the partner who travels - and adding your own travel to that rather complicates things. That being said, having a few days here and there where one doesn't have to worry about snacks and lucnhes and soccer practice runs... well, there are bonuses to that to :).

    Happy Christmas to you, Mike and the boys in Norway!

    ReplyDelete